Habitat for Humanity ReStore - Donation Truck Driver
Do you want to join an organization that is transforming lives in Delaware & Union Counties? Do you like the idea of a physical job working alongside a diverse group of volunteers? Do you have experience driving a box truck and the ability to load and unload donated items while professionally interacting with the public?
Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties is seeking a full time driver to pick up donations for our ReStore.
ReStore Summary: The Habitat ReStore is a store in Delaware that sells new and gently used donations of furniture, building materials and household goods, to the public, to generate funds that support the homeownership and home-repair programs of Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties.
Position Summary: The donation truck driver is responsible for driving the ReStore box truck all over Delaware and Union Counties and picking up scheduled donations from homes and businesses. The driver will work alongside a diverse group of volunteers and staff. Serving as an ambassador of Habitat for Humanity and its ReStore, the driver will treat donors, volunteers and all those encountered with respect and professionalism. When not in the truck picking up donations, the truck driver will be expected to join the ReStore customer service staff assisting customers and helping with store organization and other duties as assigned.
Reports to: ReStore Director, Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the ReStore truck safely and responsibly in all weather and driving conditions.
- Efficiently load and pack the truck with donations to maximize routes.
- Load and unload the truck with an emphasis on safety and efficiency and preserving the condition of donated items.
- Screen donations to ensure that they are acceptable and within the ReStore's guidelines.
- Provide an exceptional donor experience by treating donors with respect and professionalism as well as through timely communication. Assist donors with the completion of donation paperwork.
- Assist the ReStore staff with keeping the receiving area clean, moving donations onto the retail floor and providing excellent customer service to ReStore customers.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Must have some experience driving a 12' box truck.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and be able to stand, squat, bend and climb in/out of box truck.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Clean background check
- Highly motivated and dependable
- Team player with the ability to work well with diverse people of all backgrounds.
- Must project a positive and professional demeanor in interactions with others.
- Hourly, 35-40 hours per week- including Saturdays
- $12-$15 per hour, depending on experience
- Paid vacation
- Health Insurance benefits offered
- Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please complete the application that can be downloaded and printed or pick up an application at the ReStore.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
305 Curtis Street
Delaware, Ohio 43015
Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00am-6:00pm
Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the ReStore.
We encourage you to include a cover letter with the application to tell us more about you and why you would be a great fit for our team.