Home Repair Program
A Brush With Kindness
Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties offers minor exterior home repair to qualifying homeowners. The A Brush With Kindness (ABWK) program offers:
- Exterior house painting
- Porch Repair
- Siding & Trim repair or replacement
- Landscaping (planting, weeding, reseeding, removal)
- Wheelchair accessible ramps
- Window or door repair or replacement
With the help of the homeowner, Habitat volunteers will complete the projects. The homeowner will then repay the cost of the project with zero-interest monthly payments that the homeowner can afford.
If you have any questions about the ABWK program or the application, please contact:
Kathy Crosbie, Director of Homeowner Services
(740) 363-9950 x231
Interested homeowners must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for a ABWK project:
- Home must be owner occupied.
- Applicant must have proof of ownership and current homeowner’s insurance.
- Applicant must have a satisfactory credit history and reasonable debt to income ratio.
- All able-bodied occupants over the age of 18 are expected to provide sweat equity on their project.
- Approved participants will be required to pay for their project costs through a no interest loan.
- Applicant must have a steady income within 25-60% of the median income for our area.