REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties (HFHDUC)
MISSION: The Habitat ReStore mission is to generate revenue through the procurement and sale of donated, reclaimed and purchased materials to support the programs of Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the ReStore. Generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives of ReStore operations through the acquisition, management, marketing and sales of donated materials and products. Manager professionally represents the Habitat ReStore in the community and builds collaborative community relationships.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage total operations of ReStore daily activities.
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to support Habitat's mission.
- Demonstrate and train ReStore staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers, and others.
- Establish, implement and review policies and procedures for the safe, efficient and high quality performance of all aspects of ReStore operations.
- Hire and supervise ReStore staff; etablish performance goals, conduct performance reviews and training opportunities, formally reporting results at least annually.
- Supervise ReStore volunteers and collaborate with the HFHDUC Volunteer Coordinator to orientate and train new volunteers and optimize volunteer retention.
- Oversee scheduling and staffing for all ReStore activities including staff schedules, volunteer schedules and special events.
- Oversee the effective merchandising of the sales floor, maximizing available display space and ensuring appropriate pricing and proper inventory turnover.
- Enhance the ReStore's culture by reinforcing core values and fostering a positive work environment.
- Ensure the maintenance, safety and cleanliness of ReStore facility and equipment.
- Draft grant applications as opportunities arise and identify additional sources of income.
- Develop strategies for soliciting contributions and winning support of potential donors.
- Create monthly written report of sales activities, outreach efforts, donation procurements, special events and volunteer activity to provide monthly snapshot of operational highlights.
Finance and Budgeting
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required and requested.
- Track sales data and adjust procurement strategies to meet customer demand.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
- Approve expenses while ensuring accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis.
- Maintain accurate monthly tracking of all inventoried and purchased product items.
Marketing and Community Relations
- Work with Executive Director and staff to develop marketing and advertising budget.
- Participate in the development and implementation of advertising and public relations efforts to build ReStore visibility in the community.
- Foster current donor relationships and continuously seek to establish new donor relationships with individuals, businesses, contractors, suppliers, community and church groups to increase the quality and quantity of donations received.
- Speak to groups about the Habitat ReStore and participate in networking opportunities.
- Oversee and guide the direction of all ReStore social media outlets.
Characteristics and Core Competencies
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in all venues and scenarios.
- Entrepreneurial business spirit and drive.
- A minimum of 3 years of responsible leadership, directing successful teams, meeting objectives and program management.
- Experience hiring, coaching and developing staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and public relations skills.
- A quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- Knowledge of and passion for the “re-sale” retail marketplace.
- Required to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis and will experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and carrying. This position will be exposed to extremes in weather (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.).
- BA or BS preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Full time salaried position at 40 hours + per week, including Saturdays.
- Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties is an equal opportunity employer.