A Brush With Kindness
In an effort to serve more families and increase the beauty of our community, Habitat for Humanity of Delaware & Union Counties is now offering the A Brush With Kindness (ABWK) program to serve qualifying homeowners. Homeowners who can apply for help with projects such as:
- Exterior house painting
- Porch Repair
- Siding & Trim repair or replacement
- Landscaping (planting, weeding, reseeding, removal)
- Wheelchair accessible ramps
- Window or door repair or replacement
With the help of the homeowner, Habitat volunteers will complete the projects. The homeowner will then repay the cost of the project with no interest monthly payments that the homeowner can afford.
Interested homeowners must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for a ABWK project:
- Home must be owner occupied.
- Applicant must have proof of ownership and current homeowner’s insurance.
- Applicant must have a satisfactory credit history and reasonable debt to income ratio.
- All able-bodied occupants over the age of 18 are expected to provide sweat equity on their project.
- Approved participants will be required to pay for their project costs through a no interest loan.
- Applicant must have a steady income within 25-60% of the median income for our area.